Your home’s foundation is an essential part of its structure. If your foundation is damaged, then it could lead to other major structural issues in your homes, such as bowing walls, wall and floor cracks, and lost seals on doors and windows. Don’t let your foundation get worse check out the reasons below to learn why it is essential to repair it.
- A damaged foundation is a safety hazard to those living in it. Over time, this could lead to leaning walls which can eventually collapse.
- Cracks in your foundation allows water to seep in and cause damage to your home and its valuables.
- Leaks in your foundation can lead to mold in your home which you do not want.
- As your foundation continues to crack more and more, it causes further damage to your home, reducing its overall value.
- Home’s with foundation issues are often harder to sell as repair costs can be high.
- As your home shifts, it opens small air leaks in your home which allow outside air to enter, resulting in higher energy costs.
After reading this article, we hope you now realize the importance of repairing your foundation. When you decide it’s time, give us a call at (586) 228-6500.